- Following should be kept in mind if you are driving in Czech Republic
- drive on the right side,
- safety belts must be worn both in and outside towns and villages,
- maximum speed for passenger vehicles is 90 kmph, 50 kmph in towns and villages, 130 kmph on motorways, 80 kmph on motorways in cities,
- children younger than 12 years must not sit in the front passenger seat,
- you must be over 18 to drive a car in the Czech Republic and carry your driving licence at all times, along with a vehicle registration card, and the ownership certificate or rental agreement. You will also need a certificate of insurance or "green card", normally valid for 3 months, showing you carry full liability insurance. Most foreign driving licences are honoured, including Canadian, US and EU ones. New Zealand and Australian drivers should have an international driving licence. Your car must carry a first-aid kit and a red-and-white warning triangle.
- Useful information
- If you will be traveling on the main highways you will need to buy a road stamp, available at border crossings, petrol stations and post offices and stick it to your windscreen. The stamp costs 310,- CZK / 10 days. A stamp for one month costs 440,- CZK, an annual one 1500,- CZK. Without the stamp you may be fined.
- Emergency service - Road and Town-off Nonstop Services
- ABA Autoklub Bohemia Assistance - phone 1240, 222 241 257.
- Ustredni automotoklub - phone 1230, 6110 4111, www.uamk-cr.cz
Parking Zones in the City Center of Prague
- Prague 1, Prague 2, Prague 3, Prague 7 districts are divided into 3 parking zones - orange, green and blue
- Orange Zone
Maximum parking time - 2 hours. Charges: 40,- CZK per hour, 10,- CZK per 15 minutes (the minimum time 15 minutes). Zone is effective from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Green Zone
Maximum parking time - 6 hours. Charges differs, please check the table on the beginning of the zone, but usually: 30,- CZK per hour, 15,- CZK per 30 minutes, or 120,- CZK per 6 hours. Zone is effective form 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The zones are equipped with coin-operated parking meters that can used by coins valued CZK 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 or 50.
- Blue Zone
Long term parking zone is designed for residents or companies based in this district. Only vehicles with a long-term parking card can park there, please take care not to leave the car in this zone, not even during weekends.
Please respect these rules otherwise your car can be pulled away!
You did not add any accommodation to “My Accommodation”